Re: [WW] More thoughts on WW2 Weird Wars

In a message dated 9/2/01 11:14:11 AM, xotzil@hotmail.com writes:

<<
>Thirdly the Magic system for WW2 Weird Wars is good, I'm guessing that each
>Theater source book is going to have it's own Mystical system, I don't see
>the Japanese using Rune Magic.

Sure you don't want to rethink that? A lot of Japanese warding was done with
a simple piece of consecrated rice paper with one symbol on it. The names
and shapes might be different, but the general principle would be the same.

--Jacques (Chris' friend)

"Will a broken skeleton key open a broken door?"

Yeah. Look at Japanese writing. I think that the japanese would definately
use a rune based system, but instead of Celtic runes they would use Japanese
kanji. The system would remain the same for the most part, but you would just
have to change the symbols themselves.

Actually, I tried to do that in a homebrewed system that I made once. Just
one of my little projects that I always start but never finish. And kanji
makes for such great runes. The days of their week are based loosely off the
classical elements.

On the other hand, I havn't gone out and bought the book yet, so I don't know
how the system would work, but it just seems to me like japanese would be the
PERFECT language to use a rune based system with.

Peter
"Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can participate in. Next
to soccer."
-Loki, Dogma