[WW] {Lightning spoiler} - Nazi's in time! Technology?

Michael Robert Blair wrote:

> The time travelling nazis come from the novel
> 'Lightning' by Dean R. Koontz I believe. A very clever

Correct (wondering if anyone would pick that up).  I purposefully left
out details of the adventure plan simply so I didn't ruin the book for
anyone who wished to read it.  As well I left out the credit to Koontz
because simply knowing it is time travel in that book, partially ruins
it for the new reader.  I left the title of the book in the subject line
just in case anyone had read it ;)

> and usable idea that avoids the usual paradox death
> traps that ruin almost all stories involving time
> travel.

It is an incredibly well developed idea.

> I hated the book though, the heroine is a self serving
> hypocritical bitch - it is OK for her to own illegal
> automatic weapons but as soon as she has them she
> shops the dealer to the authorities. It is the
> hypocrisy that bothers me by the way, I don't really
> fancy anyone having an illegal cache of any sort of
> arms (unless it is me of course).

To each their own.  The book left me in awe, and I read over a dozen
other Koontz books, before I finally tired of the thriller genre.  For
me, its the potential behind the ideas in a book, more so than the litle
facts.  I usually ignore the "and the drapes were a red silk, brought in
from tim buk to, they had this design on them that has nothing to do
with the story, nor do any of the little details at times."  The
possibilites LIGHTNING opened up were incredible.  I consider it a
classic.

Just thinking of technology... What if the players screw up in a way
that allows Germany to create the atomic bomb first?  So many
possibilities whether or not you use time travel.

I consider the Nazi time travel I'll use to be clunky and unproven.
Anyone interested should certainly read the book.  Koontz adds some
great concepts to the time travel.  Realize it is a thriller book, with
(in my mind) fantasy elements.

Cap