[WW] Rules Change: Grenades (cross post)

Hi!

Time for some rules lawyering:

The rules call for thrown weapons to be the maximum range of 5 * the
range increment.

WW lists the Stielhandgranate 24 with a range increment of 5 (feet?).

This would give you a range of 25 feet. In my eyes, this is
ridiculous.

http://www.wwiitechpubs.com/barrack/inf-deutschland/inf-de-grnd-stielhandgranate-24/inf-de-grnd-stielhandgranate-24-br.html

also indicates, that the advantage of this design is the _longer_
range, compared with an egg-shaped grenade, while the burst did less
damage than a frag grenade.

Consider these changes:

Stielhandgranate 24 has a range increment of 20 feet. The maximum
range is (5 + STR mod) * range increment feet. This means a very
strong person can throw farther (makes sense, doesn't it?).

The damage stays at 4d6. The primary burst range is 10 feet. That
means, everybody within 10 feet makes a Reflex save vs. (?) for half
damage.

Is there a secondary burst? In my imagination from 11 to 20 feet out
one would make a reflex save vs. (?) or take 2d6 damage.

Does anybody have a reference in the PHP or DMG for dealing with
grenades? I only seem to finde grenade_like_ weapons with splash
damage and that does not really seem to apply here.

Comments please.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Arne Reuter

--
TSE GmbH Neue Medien, Hovestr.14, 48351 Everswinkel
Tel: +49 2582 66180            FAX: +49 2582 661833