Re: [WW] Characters for Intro adventure

Oh...  I'm surprised there were OSI operatives in the intro adventure.
What were the levels?

Thanks for the info!!!

Cap
All characters were 3rd level.  The reason we used OSI operatives was to build in more role-playing potential.  Since the adventures only ran 2 hours, we felt this would help "complicate" things for the players, and make the games more interesting for them.  The OSI operatives had secret orders to investigate possible supernatural activity, and to try to convince the other players that there was nothing out of the ordinary happening.  The other players just thought they were rescuing bomber crew members.  This led to some very amusing actions on the part of the OSI operatives (e.g., in one game, they tried to convince the others that the Nazis were using hallucinogenic gas, and the Wehrwolf they fought was just a hallucination).

There were also several ranks included.  The Grunts were loyal to the sarge (they came from his squad), but he was outranked by the OSI operatives.  This also led to some great arguments (in character) when the OSI folks tried to order the other characters around.

The original adventure was pretty simple and linear, and emphasized the Weird aspects of Weird Wars quite a bit more than the beginning of a campaign probably should.  We wanted to give players a chance to experience a variety of aspects of the game in a short period of time.

Hope this helps.

Rob