RE: [WW] OT America under Attack Letter

> Two things here....
> 1) The Japanese planned the attack on Pearl Harbor
> while negotiating. They
> moved their fleet into attack position while still
> negotiating.
>
> 2) The paper only broke diplomatic ties. It did NOT
> declare war or warn of
> an attack.

I've always concentrated my focus on England, Africa,
and the Italian invasion so I'm not all that
knowledgable concerning the Pacific theatre.

If the message had gotten through, and a declaration
of war had been made within it, what difference would
it have made?

Would the public outcry have been any less? Would
warning have gotten through to Pearl Harbour in time
to actually do anything about it?

Personally I don't think anything would have been
different. What do others think?

Cheers,
Mr. B