RE: [WW] OT America under Attack Letter

> I've always concentrated my focus on England, Africa,
> and the Italian invasion so I'm not all that
> knowledgable concerning the Pacific theatre.

Funny, I am the exact opposite. I have always concentrated on the Pacific
theatre and only the release of Weird Wars has made me start looking in
depth at the European theatre of operations.

> If the message had gotten through, and a declaration
> of war had been made within it, what difference would
> it have made?

It might have made a minimum of difference. The attack was so closely
planned with the "delivery" of the Japanese message that I think people
still would have been very angry over what happened.

Using today as an example what do you think people's reaction would have
been if we had been given 30 minutes warning that the US would be attacked
with no other details. I think people would still be very angry.