[WW] The Return to Castle Wolfenstien Multiplayer Test

Okay, I believe most of you have seen or heard about Return to Castle
Wolfenstien, the new Quake3-driven game by id and Gray Matter.

Well, the multiplayer test has been released, and I can say it's got a taste
of Weird Wars in it, even if it's not directly related.  The weapons are
going to be quite bizarre.  The test includes the minigun, which fits WW
perfectly with its steampunk-esque heat gauge on top, and one of the
greatest flamethrowers I've ever seen.

Unfortunately the test only comes equipped with a "Saving Private Ryan"ish
beach landing map which has been overdone in every WWII-themed game since
the movie debut.  From this map I can't predict whether the whole game will
feel much like Weird Wars, but you can bet a WW Total Conversion would be a
peice of cake.

From what I can tell from the multiplayer test, this game will certainly
serve to inspire WW players with a few ideas, and if we're lucky it'll have
a plot we can stea- er, "adapt" for our own sessions.

                      Chris Nelson <sai_yuk@bellsouth.net>
                   Master of the No-Shadow Code technique.
              No job too arduous, no script too intricate.
 DHTML, Javascript, Integration, CSS, PHP4, Graphic Design