Re: [WW] Golem - Intro Adventure

I had a gigantic adventure with the golem in Deadlands.  But we had a
Cabbalist Rabbi in the party.

Basicly Joseph (the first golem) had made it to america and wanted a
companion constructed.  He got some Jewish friends to hire some chinese to
kidnapp the Parties Rabbi.  The Rabbi was willing to help out and was given
the Wand of Loew (Loew was the Scholar/rabbi who created Joseph, and the
wand was used to destroy him the first time).  Joseph had also brought along
a bunch of clay from Prague (where he was born).

The wand was silver and had a little hand at the end.  Loew used it to point
at specific parts of the Torah and the Zohar (to keep his place).

The Chinese then informed Kang about the Stone man and The rabbi's ability
to create more.

Kang had a bunch of his crew re-kidnapp the Rabbi just before the party
showed up and take him to Shan Fan to that island in the harber (the isle of
tears?).

There a Sorceror named Mantis Po Lung created chinese statues from the
Prague clay, controlled the rabbi into spilling his secrets and sacrificed a
warrior of his (1 per statue per night).  They managed to create 3 of the
buggers before the party showed up.  That night mantis was to be sacrificed
and his spirit put into a huge statue.

They saved the Rabbi, Mantis got his hand chopped off (it was a bloody
ritual) and they sunk the boat with the 3 statues on it.

Admittedly this only has a little to do with WW, but hopefully it helps.  I
had a huge ammount of fun researching Golems for it.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."