Re: [WW] Clay Golem

A while ago I posted a toned down Clay Golem as there is no way I'd put a low level squad up against a true Clay Golem. I'll repost the stats now for those that may have missed it.

Pseudo Clay Golem
HD 8d8+16 (52 HP), Init +6 (+2 dex, +4 improved init), AC 18 (-1 size, +2 dex, +7 natural (AC drops to 16 after taking half it's hit points)), Attacks melee +10 fists, 2d8+6 dmg, Face/Reach 5' by 5'/10', Saves Fort +10, Ref +4, Will +4, SD: DR 10/+1 (DR drops to 8/+1 after taking half it's hit points), Construct. CR 5.

Just clarifying something.  The Clay Golem is immune to piercing
weapons, thus just about all the guns are useless against it.  It also
has damage reduction 20/+1

How will the PCs kill it?

Sure they can whack at it with their entrenching tool, hoping to do a
few points of damage, and grenades...

It seems the players need to kill it to move on.  Anyone have any
thoughts on this to help me out?