Re: [WW] Re: Alternative Systems

>From: gathomas4@juno.com
>Subject: Re: [WW]  Re: Alternative Systems
>Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 18:18:44 -0600
>setting though, so i'll keep buying up every DL product i can find....
>
>The important thing to remember is that DLD20 and Weird Wars is not going
>to attract non-D&D gamers to it, but they will do the other way around.
>Players who play D&D3E are in the majority and if you can get them to buy
>WW and DL products, then Shane can get filthy, stinking rich!  ;)
---------------------------->
i don't agree with this. one of my old AD&D players has joined my WW game
because of the WWII element (he did not like 3E D&D). but after having
played in my WW campaign for the last few months and come to understand the
system a little better, i think he is starting to like d20 (or maybe it's
because his ex is in my tuesday D&D campaign? who knows). i think, no matter
what medium you use (D&D, WW, COC, DLD20, SW, WOT), once you get someone
introduced to the new D20 engine, they will enjoy and end up purchasing
other systems using the same system. personally, i'd like to see a generic
(non DC/Marvel) superhero game system in D20.

...the rich
"i guess you'd call it an implosive, explosive sub molecular device."
"or an Atomic Bomb..."
"haaaaaaayyyyy.... that's catchy."
         --------->can you name that movie?