[WW] Greetings From A New Member

Greetings,

My name is Frank Frey and I live and work in Tampa, Florida. I've been
wargaming for 30 years and rpging for 20. I picked up WeirdWars the day my
local book/gamestore got it. In fact, I bought it right out of the
shipping box. I've got my campaign up and running.

I'm running my campaign like the comic. What I mean is that there is a
main story which is the continuing campaign and the secondary stories
which will be one shots. The main story follows the exploits of members of
the 1st Recon Troop (Mechanized) which is the divisional recon unit for
the US 1st Infantry Division. Since they began as 1st level characters, I
decided to start them out when most of the US Army were 1st Level
characters. i.e. "Operation Torch". The PC's came ashore in the early
morning hours of November 9th, 1942 in Algeria. As was the case with a lot
American forces during the Torch landings, they wound up where they
weren't supposed to be which was about 4 miles south of their landing
site.
To make a long story short, the PC's used their wits as well as their
firepower to help take a key village. The only casualty that they suffered
was when one of the PC's got accidently stabbed by one of his
friends.(That was a serious fumble) Fortunately, the Medic, (+10 in Combat
Medicine) as well as a bennie brought him back to full HP.

After the battle in the village, the PC's were shanghaied by a Captain
Reginal Fairfield to help a Catholic priest find a book in a villa about 5
miles inland. Not only did they find the book, they also found two Gestapo
officers who were full of fight. They quickly dispatched them. They also
found the owner of the villa. He was dead from mysterious causes. The good
padre advised the PC's to "run like Hell" and led by example. The PC's had
the good sense to follow the priests lead.

When the next session begins this Saturday, it will be late December, 1942
and the stalwart band of heroes are being tasked with a patrol in the
mountains. They'll have to go on foot as their vehicles will be
useless. They'll also be facing elements of the 10th Panzer Division
rather than a bunch of semi-dispirited French. Should be fun.

Well, time for me to go. Thank you for listening.

Frank Frey

"The only difference between myself and a madman is that I am not mad!"
  Salvador Dali