[WW] Antarctic Shennagins

If we take a little bit of real history and add a dish
of W. A. Harbinson, Graham Hancock and a flavouring of
avid Gemmell we get an interesting plot.

Long ago Antarctica was ice-free and it was the home
of an advanced civilisation. There was a disaster and
their land was flooded and covered by ice. Their
civilisation was destroyed, save for a few relics
hidden beneath the ice or in sheltered ice-free
valleys in Antarctica. The few survivors carried with
them fragments of their advanced knowledge and
influenced developing civilisations on the continents
where they found refuge. Their story was handed down
to this day; we know their land as Atlantis.

German expeditions to Antarctica before the war
explored Queen Maud Land and discovered traces of this
lost civilisation. They secretly built a base to
exploit them. During the war the base was resupplied
by U-Boats.

What was the discovery? There are two directions in
which we can go:
1. Weird science that will allow them to build the Foo
Fighter - ancestor of today's flying saucers.
2. Magic. This is where they found the secrets - maybe
Thoth's 40 Emerald Tablets.

Ideas:
Dornitz is furious at his long-range type IX U-Boats
being taken away for crazy SS schemes.
Secret battles amidst the ice.

PCs are prisoners from the captured Norwegian whaling
fleet sent to Neuschwabenland as labourers or
experimental subjects.

Typing Neuschwabenland into a search engine will
provide a lot of other links on this topic but perhaps
this idea should be kept for the 1950s game? Death in
the Snow: The Weird Cold War or whatever it will be
called.

Bibliography
David Gemmell. Echoes of the Great Song
W. A. Harbinson The Projekt Saucer series
Graham Hancock. Fingerprints of the Gods
NEUSCHWABENLAND: The Lost Colony.
http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Bunker/3351/campaigns/antact.html

Michael