Re[2]: [WW] Scouts vs Rangers

Hi!

The need for recon has always been high.

The premier unit the comes to my mind is the British Long Range Desert
Group.

www.lrdg.org
www.lrdg.de

Often Recon and Commando style-action go hand in hand, because you
basically need the same skills (go in unseen and come back out alive
;-)).

Apart from that every front-line unit would detail some people to
reconnaissance, mostly the more independent-minded soldiers:

"Lt. Silverman, the regiments supplies of beer again have vanished.
You wouldn't perchance know if a certain Sgt. Askmeicangetit has
something to do with it? No? Well, anyway, I have a new mission for
you. Take your misfits and recon this area here, where it says
'inpenetrable weird forest'. Dismissed."

You can build that into any unit, easily.

Am Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2001, 01:02:18, schrieben Sie:

> There were several scouting units in WWII.  I forget the names of most off
> the top of my head, but the movie Anzio portrays a scout unit, the Marine
> Corps transitioned their raiders in to scouts after Guadacanal, the British
> Chindits were "scouts" in north africa before moving on to burma.  And most
> divisions had some form of scout/recon unit.  The Airborne pathfinders would
> also qualify as "scouts" since they dropped in blind and led the rest of the
> partroopers in.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Arne Reuter

--
TSE GmbH Neue Medien, Hovestr.14, 48351 Everswinkel
Tel: +49 2582 66180            FAX: +49 2582 661833