Re: [WW] Hell In The Hedgrows is out, but what about Dead from Above?

In a message dated 12/19/2001 3:22:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, canuck@superaje.com writes:

How does this lose money though?  I
believe you, I'm just curious as to the inner workings of this stuff.
Marketing 101 ;)

Because if we put out several products at once, two things happen.

First, Joe Gamer only has $20 to spend on gaming products this week. He can't buy them both. If he comes back next week for the second book, he *might* buy it, or he might be drawn into some other release by another company.

More importantly, distributors place reorders with their orders for new products. If we release once a month, they send one order. If we release twice a month, they send two orders.

Shane