Re[2]: [WW] Firing main guns (vehicle weapons) at PCs or NPCs

-------------->>
> check out the 3E PH, chapter 8 (pg.132 in the first printing). COMBAT
> MODIFIERS. table 8-8. ranged combat column...
> defender running      -2*

> <*defender looses AC bonuse from DEX>

> as for shooting at a man, size is already figured into the base d20 game
> engine. now if it was a child or a halfling (small size add's an additional
> +1 to target's AC)...

I'd still add them, since tanks lack the integral agility of a
creature (even a colossal one). Especially the WWII tanks were very
clumsy to operate and could not react very fast. Add to that, that
the tank crew would have a very narrow field of vision while buttoned
up, you have ample opportunity to add modifiers.

They have a hard time hitting a person standing still on an empty
field directly. That person still might be torn apart by blast and
shrapnel of a near miss, though.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Arne Reuter

--
TSE GmbH Neue Medien, Hovestr.14, 48351 Everswinkel
Tel: +49 2582 66180            FAX: +49 2582 661833