Re: [WW] Firing main guns (vehicle weapons) at PCs or NPCs

>From: niceguymrsack@netscape.net
>Subject: [WW]  Firing main guns (vehicle weapons) at PCs or NPCs
>
>I just joined the list server and may have missed a discussion on this.  My
>appologies in advance.
------------->
welcome to the chaos and confusion.

>I have been reading the Combat rules for vehicles in BOTR (pages 100-112),
>and I can't find any discussion on firing main guns at people.  I expected
>to find some modifiers for firing at small, mobile targets like people
>rather than the large armored targets that the slow to move main guns were
>designed for.
-------------->
check out the 3E PH, chapter 8 (pg.132 in the first printing). COMBAT
MODIFIERS. table 8-8. ranged combat column...
defender running      -2*

<*defender looses AC bonuse from DEX>

as for shooting at a man, size is already figured into the base d20 game
engine. now if it was a child or a halfling (small size add's an additional
+1 to target's AC)...

>If not, I'm not complaining.  I like the idea of punching someone's
>favorite character with 8d12 points of damage from an armor piercing round
>of the Tiger's 88L56 cannon!
>
>Who has 8 12 siders?
me actually. must have a hundred of them
every year i buy a new set of dice or two for good humor. also pick up a
scoop or two of random dice at the chessex booth at ORIGINS and GENCON when
i go.

...the rich
"the ninja's failed and failure is unacceptable. if they ever show their
faces you know what to do."
"yes, tell them to wash with a loofah sponge."
         --------->can you name this movie?