Re: [WW] Heal Question

> From: "richard spangle" <lost_rich@hotmail.com>
[snip]
> question though, does "profession: herbalist" have the same effect on
> "battlefield healing" as on the "heal" skill? one might rule "no"
sighting
> herbalism -vs- science. but then again, we are seeing a steady switch
over to
> more herbal based healing methods these days (then again, what are
"medicines"
> but modern herbs)...
> opinions?

The simple answer would be no, since the Combat Medicine skill does not
have a "special" section detailing any synergy bonus (like the knowledge
skill does for example.)  On the other hand, it would be easy to argue
that 5 ranks in Profession (doctor) [or any other skill that makes sense]
would offer a +2 synergy bonus to Combat Medicine skill checks.

It's the WMs call whether this should become a house rule or not.  It's
not something that is done very often in the PHB, and i think it may set
an easily abused precedent.  For example, Profession (Park Ranger) could
give a bonus to Navigation and Wilderness Lore rolls, Profession (High
Rise Construction Worker) could give a bonus to Balance rolls, Profession
(CEO) could give a bonus to Leadership rolls and so on.  Not that players
are likely to do it, since the 5 ranks for a +2 bonus isn't normally
worth it (unless the Profession skill is itself useful in the WW setting)
except to flesh out a character, but it's something to be aware of.

Happy Gaming,  =)

screenmonkey
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.