Re: [WW] Heal Question

>From: "richard spangle" <lost_rich@hotmail.com>
>To: weirdwars@gamerz.net
>Subject: Re: [WW] Heal Question
>Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 13:40:25 -0500
>
>oh duh. do i feel stupid now. i never even noticed that part. must hvae
>skimmed the skills a little too fast. thank's for correcting me. question
>though, does "profession: herbalist" have the same effect on "battlefield
>healing" as on the "heal" skill? one might rule "no" sighting herbalism
>-vs-
>science. but then again, we are seeing a steady switch over to more herbal
>based healing methods these days (then again, what are "medicines" but
>modern herbs)...
>opinions?

Modern, refined, distilled, concentrated herbs.  I'd allow the actual roll
to be performed with Herbalism (And a good reason for the character to have
it...  Maybe the Nurse's Grandmother was a "Crazy old Witch Woman with her
potions" or maybe he kept in touch with an old "Indian Medicine Man" or some
such), but at a negative modifier...  The stuff in the bush just isn't as
good as what you get from the labs.  Depending on what is being treated,
it'd hover around a -2 or so.

I'm also going to point out that there were still some poisons not known to
"Western Science" (Classic Sherlock Holmes stuff) at the time, and this may
be the ONLY route for solving some of those problems.  :-)

Just my opinion...  For what it's worth...

Ray.