Re: [WW] WWII autobiographies

I found Spike Milligan's war memoirs a great read. They tell of his experiences
in North Africa & Italy. The memoirs are told in a humorous tone so they might
not have much combat info but they've got plenty of information on the
atmosphere and life of the ordinary infantry grunt in the North African &
Italian theatre:

Adolf Hitler: My Part in His Downfall
Rommel? Gunner Who?
Monty: His Part in My Victory
Mussolini: His Part in My Downfall
Where Have All The Bullets Gone?
Goodbye, Soldier

Mike Nolan.

"Of the events of the war, I have not ventured to speak from any chance
information, nor according to any notion of my own. I have described nothing but
what I saw myself, or learned from others of whom I have made the most careful
and particular inquiry".
   Thucydides, Peloponnesian War.

"I've just jazzed mine up a little".
   Spike Milligan, WWII.