[WW] RE: weirdwars-digest.20020128

  The other is to
ask if anyone has any recommendations for the kobold/goblin equivalent for
the New World.  I have some ideas but, to be honest, I'm not too fond of any
of them right now.  Given what I've seen of this list, I figure there has to
be some bright light that knows something good.

<<Snip!>>

Tommyknockers, malicious spirits that were blamed for cave-ins and other
misfortunes experienced by miners. So named for the perpetual knocking heard
from deep within the earth. John Goff provided writeups for Tommyknockers in
the RV&C II sourcebook.

If you're looking for stats I'd start out with the goblin in the Core
Rulebook II, give them a low tunneling movement rate.

Hope this helps.