Re: [WW] Future Lines

At 05:19 PM 2/19/2002, A Methylated Spirit <hercubadger@yahoo.com> wrote:
>While the American Civil War holds little interest for
>me personally, being rather burnt out by reading too
>many awful Harry Turtledove and Harry Harrison novels,
>I suspect that with a little tinkering the setting
>could be adjusted somewhat to fit other conflicts.

         While what you say about the setting is true, I still hope my book
might grab your interest on its own merits.
         Though, if it doesn't, I guess I'll owe you a Coke now or
something....:-)

>After watching half of "The Patriot" I'm hoping that
>this book isn't quite as one sided as the other
>portrayals have been. Still, it was funny to see two
>Australians lead the Yanks to victory :-)

         Having had to sit through TNT's godawful telefilm _Andersonville_,
all I can say is, I feel ya.

>Was there any thought to looking at a Boer War book?

         While I can't speak to that War specifically, I think I can answer
for Shane in a general sense here (and if not, I'm sure he won't hesitate
to hit me...hard) and say that any and all conflicts COULD potentially get
the "Weird" treatment at some point. All they need is a knowledgeable,
professional author to come up with a "take" on the conflict good enough
for people to want to pay money for it. (I've been using "Weird War of the
Spanish Succession" as a running-gag title for some time now, but I'm sure
there's SOMEONE out there who could make that a killer book.)

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance Writer for the Deadlands: The Weird West RPG Line
Southern by the Grace of God