[WW] Future Lines

It would appear that coming attractions in the Weird
Wars lines include: American Civil War, American War
of Independence (Insurrection), and the Boxer
Rebellion.

While the American Civil War holds little interest for
me personally, being rather burnt out by reading too
many awful Harry Turtledove and Harry Harrison novels,
I suspect that with a little tinkering the setting
could be adjusted somewhat to fit other conflicts.
Perhaps some Crimean War or Indian Mutiny. The “Weird”
component would have to be researched separately as
the Indian culture opens itself out wonderfully for
exotic nasties and unpleasant surprises but has
nothing in common with Civil War era American
experiences.

The War of Independence/Insurrection lends itself to
me as being more interesting. I do hope however that
the authors involved balance out the “weird” component
between the sides. It would be nice if the courageous
Imperial soldiers are able to get their own back
against the filthy insurrectionists once and a while
when it comes to strange happenings and weird stuff.
After watching half of “The Patriot” I’m hoping that
this book isn’t quite as one sided as the other
portrayals have been. Still, it was funny to see two
Australians lead the Yanks to victory :-)

I’m not really sure how the Boxer Rebellion concept is
going to pan out. There’s some good siege material to
be had and then the march to relieve the siege but
otherwise…..? The Chinese culture has many
possibilities to be sure but is that going to be
enough to carry the concept?

Was there any thought to looking at a Boer War book?
There we had some concentration camp occurrences,
plenty of down and dirty troop action, germ warfare,
and plenty of foreign types wandering around. Perhaps
the Boxer book could be tinkered with, and added to
Weird War Two (for the Germanic and Scandinavian
outlook on magic), to form a Boer War concept.

YMMV all the same.

Cheers.

=====
"Morituri Nolumus Mori" - We who are about to die don't want to.