Re: [WW] Egyptian Campaign adventure Help!!!!!

I dont really want to be a bummer here but besides the vampire your
adventure sounds "exactly" like Kellys Heros, instead of just loosely based
as you implied.  Now if that is what you were going for that is fine, my
only concern as a fellow gamer and DM is are your players who have actually
seen Kellys Heros going to find this adventure boring? Are they going to
know exactly whats going to happen next..at least for the most part?  If its
done right it can be enjoyable and fun, but sometimes when you copy a movies
plot almost exactly as you had the players might think it is a bit lame.

Take for example your minefield scene.  If a player had seen Kellys Heros
they would know that as very soon after they enter that minefield a German
Patrol is going to come along, especially if the have already seen similar
scenes in this adventure similar to Kellys Heros and have figured it out.
(half-track destroyed by a airborne attack....attacking a bank defended by
40 troops and 3 tiger tanks?)

I am not trying to disuade you at all from you adventure here, just trying
to give you an opinion from a outside source thats all.

Now on to the mechanics of the game.  I have been playing and GMing Weird
Wars ever since Gen-Con.  I have run a very successful campaign and I am
very familiar with the rules.  As far as your question about combat is
concerned compared to D&D well it is about the same with sime minor
differences.  Obvisously if your using minis combat takes longer.  Weapon
damage does a lot more damage in WW but often times your fighting more
troops then you do in D&D, and since AC in WW is so low you often have to
figure out bonuses for lying prone or partial cover or automatic fire and so
forth.  In my experience if the PC's are fighting foes of general relative
strength to their own then combat goes faster then it does in D&D, but if
they are fighting mass numbers of 1st level German grunts then your combat
is going to take a long time (um you might want to reconsider having 4-6
players taking on 40 troops)

Another thing you sound like your going to have to worry about is PV
(penetration value) especially if your dealing with numerous tanks and
vechiles.  This too can slow down combat if your not familiar with the
process.  If your an expereinced D&D DM but havent done much with WW then
you might want to be careful with damage in combat.  One suprise I have made
and have seen others make is not realizing how lethal combat is in WW, add
that to the limited healing capabilities of the PC's and you could wind up
with a group of dead PC's after only one simple encounter.

My advise to you when planning an adventure is to always error on making an
encounter easy.  Its a lot simpler to add a few extra bad guys who all of a
sudden pop up from hiding to harass the PC's, then it is to try to let the
PC's win a encounter where they are outnumbered 4 to 1.

Well I think I have rambled on enough here.  Like I said earlier I hope I
dont disuade you from your adventure, I just had some concerns thats all.
And good luck with your game.

-Eric