RE: [WW] Officer's purpose

>From: "Harvester" <Harvester@btinternet.com>
>
> > sounds like a classic power gamer to me.
>
>That'd describe him perfectly. Plays everything like old school D&D, much
>like Hackmaster puts itself across.
------------------>
hay! i'm old school D&D and have NEVER been a powre gamer. as with nature,
there are all types. i'm a Role not Roll person (which really annoys our
Hackmaster group-watch a role person win out the battle of EXP). and you are
correct about hackmaster, it is a wonderful spoof on AD&D (sorto like "mel
brooks: dungeons & dragons"). rock and roll. great fun..

>I don't think it'll be the feat combination, it'll more be the fact it only
>handles in bursts. I can see the first time he gets an opportunity him
>wanting to do the lead hose effect. I've still got to look over the
>Spycraft
>rules as someone else suggested as a compromise. He probably won't be happy
>unless it's a pseudo-GURPS handling of the situation, because that's his
>holy grail of roleplaying (to each his own I guess).
--------------------->
just dont' let his monty python quest force new rules into your game.
problem with power gamers is when they find a rules problem, they tend to
find a solution that will cause maximum chaos with mininum game balance and
then force it to be incorporated into existing campaign. this has all the
makings of a Wile E Coyote plan.

...the rich
"santa is there a back way out of here?"
"of course there is Lee, but this is one Santa that going out the front
door."
-------------------> can you name this movie?