RE: RE: [WW] Officer's purpose

>From: niceguymrsack@netscape.net (Nice Guy Eric)
>
>What I do with power gamers (when I am forced to let them into my game) is
>tell them, "I'd be glad to add some automoatic fire rules to the game...
>and you can bet the Germans will get the same advantage, probably better
>since they have the upper hand on weapon technology..."  Just make sure to
>give the NPCs the same advantage as the PCs... and the guy with the biggest
>gun (your friendly power gamer) is GOING to be the priority target. :-)
---------------->
i do not do anything with power gamers when the elect to join one of my
games. if you do not like the campaign, leave. cut and dry. in the limited
time i've been GM'ing i've never had a problem with players being
unsatisfied with my games and, although not a 'rules lawyer', i do try and
stick to material printed in official sources for all the systems that i
run.  most power gamers will either give up and quit or learn to work within
the system.

>BUT, be careful.  I believe that power gaming is just an outlet for some
>other kind of psychological need to have the upper hand.  If you give this
>guy more automatic fire, he'll want some thing else next week.  Good luck.
so true. and most power gamers i have encountered usually are not married.
<he hee heee>  wonder if being henpecked drains the battle lust out of you
?!?!?!?

...the rich
"santa is there a back way out of here?"
"of course there is Lee, but this is one Santa that going out the front
door."