Re: [WW] No more WW D20?

if this is indeed the case (i fear i have no yet seen said issue of GU),
then i am totally bummed. WWII shall join the (massive) assortment of other
'dead' systems in my library (anybody remember AMAZING ENGINE, EXPENDIBLE or
DOMINATION just to name a couple). but i shall adapt and patiently wait for
"d20 MODERN" to come out this fall and just start working other settings
into it.  does anyone know how far WWII will run with it's supplements
before it "officially" dies?

have a day...

>From: Lizard <lizard@mrlizard.com>
>
>According to a fairly extensive interview in Games Unplugged, "Weird War
>II" will remain D20, but the rest of the Weird Wars line will use a new
>Pinnacle House System. While I respect the right of Pinnacle to do as they
>wish with their products, and I hope they are succesful, I will state that
>I am disappointed. I understand the reasoning expressed in the article; I
>just think it is incorrect, and more can be done with the D20 system than
>Shane seems to think. (I offer D20 CoC and D20 Spycraft as examples; one
>makes D20 extremely lethal and low-powered, the other allows for
>over-the-top spy action that does not 'feel' like a dungeon crawl in a
>tuxedo.)
>
>I'll keep buying D20 Weird Wars products, but it's unlikely I'll buy any
>for the new system. There's a REASON I have GURPS Swashbucklers, Pulp, and
>Japan sourcebooks but no stand-alone games in those genres. That same
>reason causes me to prefer to buy D20 products over stand-alone. I get more
>value for my dollar if a product works with more of my existing game
>library.

...the rich
"sam, you are the best that i got. now if you are ready sir, why don't you
go take that hill!"
-------------------> can you name this movie?