Re: [WW] No more WW D20?[SHANE]

At 08:03 AM 4/20/2002, Grand Master Nilus of the Dark Angel Chapter wrote:
>>According to a fairly extensive interview in Games Unplugged, "Weird War
>>II" will remain D20, but the rest of the Weird Wars line will use a new
>>Pinnacle House System.
>
>Are you sure about this?  This board has been a little slow lately but if
>there was going to be a big change to WWII I think Shane would have posted
>it here first.
>
>Can we get a confirmation from Shane about this.  Personally I like PEG
>house system,  but I don't think it fits a WWII game.  But something sound
>fishy here,  Why would a company stop making D20 products...There a gold
>mine supposedly.  It sounds like someone got there facts wrong

Well, whether the gold mine has been mined out is the issue.

But this isn't a "a heard it from a friend who knows this guy who works
across the street from a game store" thing. This is in Games Unplugged, a
print magazine, April,2002 issue. (And, no, it's not an "April Fools" story.)

On the ogf-l list (which is a public list, so I do not feel there's any
reason not to report what was said there) Ryan Dancey has confirmed this
decision was made 'several months ago'.

I *am* surprised this was not announced here before it showed up in print.
Usually, print magazines are months behind the 'net in revealing industry
news.

Again, PEG has a right to make whatever business decisions they feel are in
the best interests of the company. They may lose my business, but gain the
business of two other people in my place. So it goes.