Re: [WW] Re: A New System and Goodbye to D20

> > I quite like the D20 system but it can be clunky. I
> > don't mind if you change systems but my first fear was
> > that you would go to the Deadlands system, that I
> > would object to (more complicated than D20) but your
> > new system sounds interesting. Simple is good!
>
>What the heck version of Deadlands did you play?  I picked up PEG House
>system far faster than I picked up D20, and I've been playing D&D for 20
>years...

Actually I'd have to agree that Deadlands has a bigger learning curve then
D20...but once its learned the combats goes by much quicker(at least thats
how I observe it).  But like I have said before Deadlands works for
Deadlands(and her sister games), because the cards and chips help to get
players into the genre and most of the combat rules are designed for quick
pistol fights.

I've never been a fan of Universal Game Systems.  I don't think they work.
If D20 was markted as a Generic Fantasy Rule set.  IT would be perfect, but
trying to make it work for everything is like trying to put a square block
in a round hole.  It just ain't going to happen easily.

Dan