Re: [WW] Re: Systems [Veering OT]

The Legendary Shane says:

> Good lord! No way! Have to disagree here. Even in regular DL, init.
> is much
> faster than in D20.

Say what?! Shane, what drugs are you on and why aren't you sharing? =)

Deadlands d20:

Roll 1d20 plus init modifier.
ok, who's got what?
(arrange cards)
Then for the rest of the combat, it's like clockwork.  No confusion about
who goes next, it's just boom, boom, boom. Literally no more time is
spent on figuring out who goes when for the rest of the combat.

Deadlands Classic:

Quickness Test (correct me if I'm wrong here)
Based on test results (let's see, how many raises is that?) figure out
how many cards you get.
Deal cards to every player.
Each player looks at and arranges cards.
OK, anybody have Aces?
And so on, (and we may have to reshuffle a few times in there) repeat
every turn.

i'm sorry, perhaps we should agree to disagree, but i've played a lot of
games over the years and the DL Classic initiative system *is* stylish,
and it's *cool*, and it *fits* the setting like no other -- but faster
than d20 it ain't.

> (And please just take this as a fellow gamer--not trying to push
> anything on
> you.)

Hey, no problemo.  i am actually quite eager to see how cards will be
used in the Wild Card system.

Happy Gaming, =)

screenmonkey

The above space is provided to help protect you from the annoying
advertisement that follows:

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.