RE: [WW] Re: A New System and Goodbye to D20

I suppose it depends of how lethal you want your bullets to be. In WW, with
a rifle bullet doing 2d8 damage (avg 9), I'd keep it to ten.

And I'll chime in to say that this particular rule is the best way to
'lethalize' d20 yet. Pure genius, IMHO. Far more elegant than the clanky
WP/VP system, anyway =)

> > Don't give them hit points. When they get hit, they die.  This is
> > stupid, but it seems to be exactly what wild card will do.
>
> Actually, this idea has been done before.  It worked very well in Feng
> Shui. (...)

FYI, Robin Laws did a d20 rule for 'Faceless Hordes' in Atlas' Feng Shui/d20
crossover, Burning Shaolin. If a mook takes less than 4 damage, he shrugs
off the wound and keeps fighting. The GM describes a glancing blow but
doesn't record any damage. If the mook takes 4 or more damage, he's down.

Oh, and while I'm here, let me say I've seen Wild Cards, and it really looks
like a GM's dream. Just my two (euro)cents ;)

      Flemme en avant! - thun7<

	Mailing list Feng Shui: