[WW] Amazon Women

Hey all,

About the round and square peg thing (Sorry no amazon women here =)...

Above and beyond what works and what doesn't is an important factor called sales. Now I have no clue who finances what, but even if PEG comes up with a miracle system, the bottom line is its sellability (Kragism =).

My game store haunt carries a little bit of everything except for WOC stuff (Which it has a lot of). Why? Because it sells. I asked the owner to put out some more WW stuff because I wanted to get dead from above. He rather flatly told me that 'they will eventually' get more in but, since it doesn't sell well, he keeps stock low.

Now I think we can all agree the WW is fun, popular and does a rather good job as a system on a whole. So why this perception of low sales? I think it is because of the 'systems' overload. Simple people, like myself, do not want to learn five systems. We like to take one system, tweak it, and stick with it because we 'make' it work.

Sure I have gotten to a point in my gaming where I really don't 'need' anything anymore, but I love to see how people tweak mechanics to remedy certain problems (I bought WW for the guns and armor).

So as I ramble off again =)... D20 is an instantly recognized system which I would assume would increase sales of a product because of its universal playability. PEG is usually associated with having their 'own' system, which I think relegates it to a (rather large =) cult following.

Now don't get me wrong... I love the 'feel' of all PEG's products. Just like I love the info in Gurps expansion books, but all I look for nowadays, is imaginative products or clever mechanics (not systems).

So in my simple way, I would much rather see some whittling in order to increase the sales and popularity of a product. This way we can increase the fanbase, and have more ideas to pass around.