[WW] Afrika Corpse

Afrika Korpse arrived today so I’ve been flipping
through it while offering the illusion of actually
doing real work. I must say, I like it so far. Other
than the fact it’s overflowing with Kiwis, Poms, and
Diggers, it’s got some good general information about
the area and time.

The new prestige classes seem interesting and I can
certainly see the fun in going on a tiki tour with a
LRDG patrol out into the middle of nowhere for a
mission with the PCs.

There isn’t an adventure as such at the end of the
book. Yet there are plenty of one paragraph brain
storming boxes throughout the book mentioning
potential adventure ideas.

Personally, I wouldn’t have given Rommel stats, as
there really shouldn’t be any (IMHO) opportunities in
the game for him to use them. Having the PC’s knock
him off early on in the piece would put a serious dent
in the timeline. I’d have liked Weird Wars to follow
Deadlands lead in no stating everyone and anyone but
instead keeping some characters (be they real or not)
as untouchable.

The bestiary is a little disappointing from the “could
it be any more obvious” category. As far as the
supernatural goes, some of the critters are more
obnoxious then they are scary. I prefer subdued horror
rather than in your face
raving-blood-soaked-wrecked-tank walking towards you
sort of thing. Still, YMMV.

I’d suggest this book will be more of us to a WM than
Death From Above. Even if you’re not planning on going
across to Johnny Arab land it’s still worth a read IMO
and a very good indication of the books still to come.

Cheers.

=====
"A lie gets halfway round the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Winston Churchill