Re: [WW] Afrika Corpse

> Afrika Korpse arrived today so I’ve been flipping
> through it while offering the illusion of actually
> doing real work. I must say, I like it so far. Other
> than the fact it’s overflowing with Kiwis, Poms, and
> Diggers, it’s got some good general information about
> the area and time.

Good to hear that - I was mightily disappointed flipping through the
three products after the main book (but we have been over the bucks
for pages controversy already).

> Personally, I wouldn’t have given Rommel stats, as
> there really shouldn’t be any (IMHO) opportunities in
> the game for him to use them. Having the PC’s knock
> him off early on in the piece would put a serious dent
> in the timeline. I’d have liked Weird Wars to follow
> Deadlands lead in no stating everyone and anyone but
> instead keeping some characters (be they real or not)
> as untouchable.

Well, historically Rommel roamed around a lot and with Panzer warfare
there is bound to be a lot of movement of front lines. In fact it is
recorded that he had direct contact several times, escaping capture
only narrowly (in part because nobody _expected_ him to actually be
that close to the enemy, in part because he drove around in a captured
allied command vehicle and managed to _bluff_ his way through enemy
columns - duh).

But of course in the context of the game, he should be able to
get out of sticky situations with PC's, too, with them realizing after
the fact, that they met Rommel ;-).

But this probably is an exception, most generals would be safely
behind the lead-heavy lines, so in general no stats are needed, I
agree.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Arne Reuter

--
Phoenix Interactive GmbH, Hovestr.14, 48351 Everswinkel
Tel: +49 2582 66180                FAX: +49 2582 661833