Re: [WW] Fear checks... Shooting... and Substances

In a message dated 4/29/2002 12:31:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time, LiveDaD@aol.com writes:

In the movie the Big Red One there was a casual mention of having saltpeter in the food to keep the men... limp. But other then that I haven't ever heard of anything to alter their state of mind/body (On the contrary, I have read numerous accounts of fatigue so bad that men simply passed out...)

That's an old myth they tried to circulate even during my military days (89-95). Totally untrue. It's a psychological ploy to keep new recruits from, er, playing with their guns so much. ;)

Shane