[WW] Re: Multiple Characters

I was thinking of about three characters per player.
One senior (lt.), one mid-rank (an idler, like the
carpenter, gunner or bosun) and one ordinary seaman or
marine.

More than three characters would become difficult to
handle but if four characters one sailor and one
marine. It depends if they will be 'active' at the
same time. We managed it with a little bit of care.

We did this in CoCs 'Orient Express' a couple of years
ago and it still happens now and then. CoC can be
great fun linking characters - in the current game one
player has a priest who is the father-in-law (it's a
long story) of another character in a previous game
whose husband was a marine who died at Belleau Wood.
In 'Orient Express' I finished up with three
characters: A German professor of Folklore and his
servant Werner who was huge and had a very high
bayonet skill (former Freikorps on the run after the
Munich putsch) and Dr. Todt, an Austrian psychiatrist.

It was amusing how the characters developed their
distinct personalities even with such a poor
role-player as myself 'in their head' - Werner did not
like Todt.

I found that even a half-page of background really helped.