Re: [WW] Crosspost: Suggestions wanted

>I remember a series of comics DC put out called "Weird War" back in the
>80's that had everything from the supernatural to science gone mad.  It
>was a great series that I wish I still had.

I got a few of these!  Got 'em from my Father, and from around the area.
Hard to find nowadays.

>One of my favorite stories was set in Vietnam (I think) and it was about
>a robotic soldier that had been assigned to a platoon for testing.

J.A.K.E., and he was in the Pacific during WWII.   Looking around, I can't
seem to find 'em at the moment...  But...  Eh, when I do...

>Despite the soldiers distrust of the robot at first, it ends up
>sacrificing itself to save the soldiers (or just one, I can't
>remember).  If anyone remembers that story or knows where I can find it
>let me know.  I think the title was "My Buddy The Robot"

I can't recall, but I have that issue I believe...  Now if only I could find
'em.  Never able to do so when you want to, always run into 'em when you
don't.

Never mind, found 'em!  J.A.K.E. = "Jungle Automatic Killer Experiment", an
Robotic Marine.  I remembered wrong, he died fighting the Robotic
Atlanteans...  J.A.K.E. 2 might have died for the soldier...  Anyhow,
they're a cool series, and I highly suggest 'em!  And they got the "Creature
Commandos" a series that DC tried to bring back recently!!!

If you can find some of these books, I highly suggest 'em!  If not...  Sob
in your beer, fellows, for you're missing out on a good thing.  :-)

Ray.
Nuclear Winter - http://www.gamersrest.com/gr/deadlands/