Re[2]: [WW] German adventurers

Hi!

Am Samstag, 14. September 2002, 05:23:34, schrieben Sie:

> It died an untimely death due to player inattention.
> Arnie had a great game in the wings but RL kept
> getting in the way and posts by the players kept being
> delayed.  So the game went out with a whimper rather
> than a roar.

It did, unfortunately, and we didn't even get into first battle. I
played the same adventure with a local group and it was great. The
groups mission (being a depleted platoon - most of the experienced
cadre was lost when their ship from Italy went missing, supposedly
sunk by a British bomber or submarine) was to do a pincer attack on a
Libyan village in order to sneak to the enemies mortar position and
help the overall frontal Panzer attack.

It was a blast. While the night attack a few klicks away filled the
night with flashes and thunder the group sneaked through a mine and
concertina wire filled small wadi and emerged behind enemy lines.
Tension was great when their attack began.

Rushing out of the gulch one half of the group suprised a pillbox crew
and when they turned around to see how the other half was doing, the
found that they had failed to climb the wall of the gulch, because a
whole section of the rim had given and they had slid back down (3
players failed their climb checks with results <5, including a natural
1).

Being bogged down by fire one player (the last one to climb the wall)
came over, evaluated the situation und picked off the enemies in quick
succession (he rolled 4 consecutive rolls of 18 or better), clearing
the way for the group to the mortar station, where they held until the
Panzers came through.

All in all very much a blast, in part due to one player having been a
non-commissioned officer in the Bundeswehr. His command voice really
added to the game :D.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Arne Reuter

--
Phoenix Interactive GmbH, Hovestr.14, 48351 Everswinkel
Tel: +49 2582 66180                FAX: +49 2582 661833