Re: [WW] Weird Wars, COC & drawing fire

>From: "Cpt. Canuck" <canuck@superaje.com>
>
>richard spangle wrote:
> > i did not intend to and will not become involved in a battle of words
>with
> > you sir. i was simply stating a fact of opinion from my limited gaming
> > experience. i actually enjoy the comments from those, like yourself, who
>are
> > not afraid to express your opinions directly, just please do no be so
>quick
> > to jump to offense to anything other people type...
>
>No worries, my words were mostly directed at someone else.
>
>The reality is that honest opinions are rarely welcome.  Most people
>prefer dillusions, for it aids them in their daily grind of life (again,
>not speaking at you).  My apologies anyway.
==========================>

accepted. but may i suggest, if nothing more then for peace on this list,
that you end the flame war with all parties involved. i am, and i believe
many others are, quite tired of such things (not to mention it also makes
people look like jerks). just stick to those honest opinions and ignore the
"dillusions", you'll come out looking better in the long run.  IMHO.

> > might suggest include classic DEADLANDS, Call of Cthulu (classic, though
>the
> > d20 is good) and, if you can find it, an old game call DOMINATION by the
> > late Starchilde Press...
>
>I do plan on snagging Chaosium's Basic Role-Playing rules...  I've never
>played Domination.
============================>

Cthulu (both incarnations) is great.  d20 manages to keep a lot of the
flavor (and for new players being part familiar with the system already is a
major plus).  original COC is great because it's a self destructive system.
the more you learn about the creatures, the more your character slowly goes
NUTS (and thus becomes a rubber room NPC), however, the only way to beat the
things is to research!

good luck finding DOMINATION.  maybe on e'bay, but i doubt it. found it at a
con ages ago in random chance.
laters...

...the rich
"i was raised to be charming not sincere."