[WW] Finishing thread, Weird Wars alternate games, and alternate histories

richard spangle wrote:
> accepted. but may i suggest, if nothing more then for peace on this list,

Weird War and Peace.

> that you end the flame war with all parties involved. i am, and i believe

Not sure what you're talking about myself.  I ended my participation in
a certain thread as it degenerated into a flame type thing.  Someone
else took it off list and directed some flames to me.  <shrug>  Water
off a penguin's back.

> many others are, quite tired of such things (not to mention it also makes
> people look like jerks). just stick to those honest opinions and ignore the

Debate can be great, but flames are very tiresome.  Alternate opinions
or shattering dillusions tend to bring it on.  That and all gaming
companies have their fanatics.  Debate and criticism can aid games in
growing and developing.  Just see the Savage Worlds list.  Sometimes it
goes a little far, or gets heated, but with the right people, that
doesn't matter in the end.

> good luck finding DOMINATION.  maybe on e'bay, but i doubt it. found it at a
> con ages ago in random chance.
> laters...

No worries.  I have waaay too many other games on the list "to be
played" first anyhow.

In the effort of keeping this somewhat on topic, I'm curious if anyone
on this list has ever used a non-D20/SW system to play Weird Wars.  Or
if anyone has tried any of the alternate games like GURPS WW2, Crusade
for Europe, Godlike, etc...

or has anyone taking the WW rule system to another time period already?

or have you kept a campaign going after the war has ended?

Cap