Re: [WW] Re: Skills

Michael Robert Blair wrote:
> My take on unskilled use for the skills would be:

> Boat & Ship piloting Boat maybe, ship no

Splitting them makes it too complicated.

> Demolitions    no

How complicated were the demolitions back then?  Or is it also a measure
of placing the demolitions for most damage?

> Driving        yes if from a 'modern' culture where
>                driving is common, no if otherwise.

Not everyone can drive.  I guess anyone could try though.

> Entrench       yes

Agreed.

> Firefighting   No (it's harder than it looks,
>                especially on a ship)

How so?

> Leadership     Yes
> Mechanic
> Navigation     No
> Observation
> Assessment
> Piloting       No

This one sort've bugged me.  Everything I read leaves it usable
untrained.  Certainly someone without knowledge at all would have a real
hard time even getting one into the air.  Although I guess anyone could
try.

> Prayer         Yes

Yet of no use to anyone besides Chaplains?  Why is it not simply
restricted to them?

> Torpedo        No (hard enough for professionals)

Cap