Re: [WW] Re: Skills

Michael Robert Blair wrote:

> > > Boat & Ship piloting Boat maybe, ship no
> > Splitting them makes it too complicated.
>
> I see your pint and agree but there is a lot of
> difference between a motor launch and even a small
> freighter. Just up the difficulty, and for many
> routine maneuvres you can take 10.

I guess for the ones that are gray areas as to whether or not they
should be usable untrained, we could just give a nasty negative modifier
to the player's roll.

> > > Demolitions    no
> > How complicated were the demolitions back then?  Or
> > is it also a measure
> > of placing the demolitions for most damage?
>
> Placemnet is very important, it can make the
> difference between cosmetic damage and a collapsed

Of course, one might also need Engineering for the bridge, or
aircraft/mechanic for the plane, etc...

> bridge. I dont think the basic techniques have changed
> much at all, just the materials and some new toys.

If most of it was just guessing the right fuse length, then it certainly
is usable untrained.  Then again, how hard is it to take a satchel
charge, ignite it, and run?

> > > Driving        yes if from a 'modern' culture
> > where driving is common, no if otherwise.
> > Not everyone can drive.  I guess anyone could try
> > though.

> Not sure about mechanic, I suspect skilled.
> If observation is 'Forward Observer' then it should be
> skilled.
> I agree completely with you about piloting!

Observation & Assessment is a single skill.

Cap