Re: [werewolf] Werewolf standings

it's just ratings, but it's one way to keep track
...hartwell

If it's math, it must be hartwell.

grrr ... i forgot, python can't add and divide and do all that math stuff

i wouldn't mind bonusing players who manage to stay alive, or bonusing them for the nunmber of turns they stayed alive

I would. We don't want standings to influence how the game is played. This would cause people to work harder at staying alive versus winning for the team.

you've got my "simple" plan (a game with N players, W players on the winning team and L players on the loosing team(s) the winners get 10*N/W added to their rating while the loosers get 10*N/L subtracted from their standings.)

it's zero sum, if you don't take into account new players.

one twist would be to award living winners a little more ...

another twist would be to take into account the standings (using the chess formula) based on the teams' average standings.