[werewolf] Re: Info twice (was Werewolf chat 93 from crnash)

Stupid Yahoo~ replyto only sent this to Richard. Grrrr.

- Richard Rognlie <rrognlie@gamerz.net> wrote:
> Hrm... interesting idea.  perhaps the system should track how often the
> seer has info'd an entity.
> If the seer is willing to info someone *twice*, the 2nd time is guaranteed
> "true".
> Thoughts?

Now 94 is over and I don't have to worry about leaving any clues who I am... I think it's a good
idea. The village really overestimates the illusionist (unless it's Mrs R. in which case the
village doesn't stick a chance!). This gives a way to reduce the hysteria a bit - far too many
villages manage to convince themselves they got bad info on the first couple of nights, even
though the odds of a collision between illusionist and seer are well against it.

At least this way, if the village is *sure* the illusionist has caught them out, they have a way
to find out... even though most of the time, it's likely to be a waste of a seer move. Not a bad
tradeoff, even for the bad guys - a wasted seer move late in the game might be enough to kill the
village.

I like it, it reduces the illusionist's power slightly - but it reduces the village's perception
of the illusionst's power greatly. I think we need that - the last few illusionist games have
produced a couple of really mindless villages.