Re: [werewolf] Werewolf coding

Meanwhile, back at the model home, Kevin Sonney <ksonney@gmail.com> said:

> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 08:16:15 -0500, Ted Rathkopf
> <ted-pbmserv-lists@rathkopf.net> wrote:
>>   DISCUSS: Should their be a minimum day/night length?  Perhaps 1/2 of
>>   the difference between the day and night end?  We don't want a night
>>   phase to end by action immediately before the dayend time, and have
>>   a day triggered immediately, and vice versa.
>
> I think the day/night end times shoudl optionally be legths, and not
> fixed clock times. Plus, what's the reference time? EST5EDT (since
> that's where the server lives)? UTC/GMT?

I disagree.  I don't like the idea of a deadline that creeps.  "Vote
by 2:00" is good.  "Vote within 16 hours of when the last night ended,
which could be right after the previous lynching, but could be up to 8
hours after the previous lynching" bothers me.

I imagine the reference would be EST5EDT.  Whatever it is, we document
it, and people set the times accordingly.

--
Ted Rathkopf