Re: [werewolf] Roles

interesting...

Possessed - He is a human who is on the side of
the werewolves,
winning if they win. This is an interesting concept
but doesn't seem
to work that well in theory. I use this one, but
very infrequently.

sonds weird. would the werewolves know who he was? would he know who the werewolves are?

sounds like he's a non voting, non getting counted in the score werewolf.

Owl - This player also has a phase during the
night, where they can
choose one of the two nominees for the lynching the
next day. This is
a fascinating role, and one I enjoy using often. This adds some
tension to the game for the Owl character who has a
lot of power but
must be careful not to draw too much attention to
themselves.

"choose one of the two nominees for lynching?" huh?

Werehamster - This character is on its own side,
fighting both the
Werewolves and the humans. During the night phase,
he has his own
phase and can kill someone just like the Werewolves
do, causing two
deaths in one night. If the werewolves try to kill
him, he's safe;
but if the Seer points to him, he dies. The
Werehamster wins only if
he is the sole remaining person in a game. I love
using this guy, if
I have enough players (the game recommends 15). Everyone I've played
with loves having the third, tense side in the game;
and it gives the
Seer more power. Having two deaths a night also
speeds the game up a
bit and allows one player to really feel "powerful".

i like this idea ... and would encourage hamster to be implemented he'd be very powerful in a villager -vs- wolves -vs- mafia game as he'd be able to go on a real killing spree. AND safe from death by wolves (and probably mafia)

Mythomaniac - On the second night, this player has
one chance to
point at another player. They gain the same role as
that player if
they are a Seer or Werewolf; otherwise, they stay a
human. This is an
okay role; but I don't like using it, because four
werewolves are just
too powerful.

seems like it's just a random way to add another wolf or seer.

/just my thoughts hartwell