Re: [werewolf] hunt

yes, that's a problem.

perhaps part of the "hunting report" that villagers who choose to go hunting get could be the number of "hunters" who were out. or perhaps the total number of night people.

"You went hunting: You could count a total of 5 people (including yourself) moving. You recognised: hartwell stumbling in the dark. "

so that's the report you get. if there are 4 wolves and you're not hartwell ... then you can be sure that hartwell is a wolf. if there are 3 (or less) wolves left, then you're not so sure.

now, does everyone "see" the same person, or could different hunters see different things?

also ... could "hunting" protect villagers from wolf kill? here's how i see it: the wolves try to kill flig, but flig is out hunting. so instead, they go back and pick another victim, this time, they get (say) the seer. so hunting has a downside. only regular villagers can do it, but the village would be better off if the regular villagers got killed at night (rather than the special villagers) that might be interesting in a mafia game. (as the wolves might have a better chance to kill a mafia or try to kill a protected seer.)

it would also give the wolves information. they might say "aha, we tried to kill flig, but he was un-killable because he was out hunting. so we know flig is a regular villager." on the next day, they can avoid a bandwaggon against flig, as they know that he's just a villager.

Eric Shultz wrote:

--- Mark Ballinger <mballinger@ballinger.cx> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 06:08:23AM -0800, Eric