Re: [werewolf] possible drawback

Lyman Hurd wrote:

It occurs to me that there are occasionally games
where I start but then life keeps me away for extended periods [...] possibility that someone who does not know they have a night role will gain one and therefore hold up the game significantly.

I really think we ought to consider some sort of
"fast" mode for night people that does not require 100 percent agreement on a course of action.

Troubles with a fast night analogous to a fast day:
There is only one angel and one illusionist. Somebody has to protect/disguise.
If we have a lone wolf who recruits a villager, how do you get a majority from 2? If you only need one vote, why should the game wait for the second wolf to vote?

Alternative: Maybe an optional real-time deadline. If you haven't moved, then you haven't moved. Somebody loses protection, somebody doesn't get info, somebody doesn't die. We have an alert system for unplayed games... can we access that for an inactive night? I would set the option for number of real-time days (minimum 3 to account for a weekend?) rather than hours or half-days. While 5 half-days would work, it wouldn't work for the current inactive game routine, I suspect.

How portable is that piece of code? Can it be set for werewolf games separately from all others?

Joe