Re: [werewolf] Jailer gangs

Richard Rognlie wrote:

I'm working to add plunder and gangs to Jailer.

I read that as "plumbers" and thought, yes, G Gordon Liddy was in jail for a few years...

I've also removed the ability to have bribes of 0 "the guard scoffs at your attempt"

the plunder option will cause the victim's remaining money to be
divided among the people who voted for him... proportionally.

the gang option allows us to have factions in the jail. game's over when only one faction remains.

bringing this back to a more werewolf like game. I like it

The question is...

if we have a non-even number of bodies for the number of gangs
(e.g.  11 bodies (being prime.. for any number of gangs))

should some effort be made to even up the cash reserves of the gangs
that are short a body?

how about not allowing a game to start without an even number of players on each team? if the challenger set -gangs3 and there are 8 players joined, perhaps the challenger should have the choice of waiting for a ninth or changing the number of gangs to 2.

the worst case would be 2 gangs and three players.  (a and b against c)
a 1000
b 1000
c 2000

2 gangs and 19 players would start with the 10 player team each having 1000 and the 9 player team having 1111. (although i guess one player might get 1112) combine that with plunder and you might not have a fun game anymore

and finally, I need "names" for the gangs. I could adopt real gang
names... (Crips, Bloods, Surenos, Folk, etc.) but do I really want to
risk pissing those people off?

that might be set at challenge time and vary per game. the spocks -vs- and the mccoys heck, the hatfields -vs- the mccoys. the yangs and the cons. the republicans and the democrats. the fuzzybunnies and the polar bears.

unlike werewolf, where the game requires that rolls be secret, therefore are randomly assigned, you might think about an option to allow a player to join one gang or another. this might be such an advantage that it takes away the disadvantage of a smaller team (because the player CHOOSES to be in a smaller team) and you might remove the "make each team have an equal amount of money at the start" rule.

one thing i didn't like about game 3 was the lack of information all we knew was that some players had voted and some players had votes. at the least, i think the jailer might whisper in the ear of his next victim. (you have 800 on your head. ) that gives the high vote getter a chance to spend some of his money to try to off someone else. and increases the money the jailer makes.