Re: [werewolf] Jailer gangs

Richard Rognlie wrote:

if we have a non-even number of bodies for the number of gangs
(e.g.  11 bodies (being prime.. for any number of gangs))

Why not adopt the werewolf-like option of minimum number of players based on options selected. If the option is for 3 gangs, then the game requires 6 players. After that, the join command puts the next two players in a "holding cell" until a third joins. If the game starts with two players in the holding cell, they don't get to play that game.

and finally, I need "names" for the gangs. I could adopt real gang
names... (Crips, Bloods, Surenos, Folk, etc.) but do I really want to
risk pissing those people off?

I like the option of selecting your own gang name. Maybe when people join with an alias, you join with alias and gang name.

So, the challenger joins with a gang name. If the second person joins with the same gang-name they join your gang, else they start a new gang. Once the option-setting number of gangs have been created, new gangs are rejected as an error in submission.