Re: [werewolf] Jailer gangs

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 10:43:14AM -0400, Richard Rognlie wrote:
> I'm working to add plunder and gangs to Jailer.
[...]
> the gang option allows us to have factions in the jail.   game's over when
> only one faction remains.

Instead of creating fixed factions at game start, how about letting
people create factions (secret or otherwise) during the game itself.

Anyone can create a faction[1], becoming faction leader, and invite
people to join it[2].  Allow people to join[3] and leave[4] factions
during any turn.  Joining a faction would require approval from a
majority of current faction members, leaving a faction would require
no approval.  The faction leader can also boot players from his
faction[5], if someone isn't following the plan.

If faction memberships are secret, you could also allow for a player
to join more than one, which could be interesting.

Win condition would be only one faction remaining, but only the
living players in that faction win.

That might be a lot of work to code, but I think it could be fun.

--
mwl@alumni.unh.edu                 OpenPGP KeyID 0x57C3430B
Holder of Past Knowledge           CS, O-